Couple charged with child abuse
Custom Search 2
A mother and live-in boyfriend pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Crawford County Circuit Court to the abuse of the woman’s children.
Jordan Kenneth Whitney, 31, of Van Buren is charged with second-degree domestic battery, aggravated assault on a family or household member, and five counts of endangering the welfare of a minor in the second degree
Brandie Marie Lindemann, 28, of Van Buren is charged with permitting the abuse of a child and five counts of endangering the welfare of a minor
Felony warrants were issued for Whitney and Lindemann after a Van Buren Police Department investigation that began May 5.
Van Buren police lost contact with both suspects soon after the investigation began. They were later arrested in Gulf Shores, Ala.
Lindemann is the mother of two children ages 6 and 10, who are the victims in the case. Whitney was described as her live-in boyfriend.
According to the arrest report, Whitney would hold the victims under water in the bathtub, pushing their face to the bottom of the tub. The children also were locked in a bedroom without food, forced to stand on vegetable cans for extended periods of time as punishments and striped naked, taken outside and sprayed with a water hose, the report states.
The children are no longer in their care.
The public defender’s office entered the not guilty pleas for Whitney and Lindemann and waived formal arraignment before Judge Gary R. Cottrell.
Cottrell also heard the following pleas:
• Zachary Shane Farnam, 27, and Jeremy Scott Stanford, 32, both of Paris, and Joe Carl Lasiter Jr., of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to criminal mischief and criminal trespass. Lasiter also is charged with theft of property, fleeing and a second count of criminal mischief. They three were in connection with the theft and damage to a tractor in the Mulberry/Dyer bottoms May 28.
• William Travis Staff, 25, of Alma resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received June 1, 2011, for theft of property, alleging he was arrested March 12 for residential burglary, theft of property and theft by receiving.
• Ryan Christopher Acord, 23, of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to Internet stalking of a child. Acord was arrested June 20 after coming to Van Buren to meet a 14-year-old he had met on Facebook.
• Aaron Lee Collins, 48, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to felon in possession of a firearm. Collins was arrested June 22 after sheriff’s deputies were called to a disturbance in the 5300 block of Wall Way.
• Adin Montgomery Young, 19, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to possession of methamphetamine. Young was arrested June 22 by a Van Buren police officer who stopped a vehicle on Kibler Road for a seat-belt violation.
• Loretta Lynn Hammond, 32, of Alma pleaded not guilty to simultaneous possession of drug and firearms, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of methamphetamine with purpose to deliver and possession of marijuana. Hammond was arrested June 18 following a traffic stop by a Van Buren police officer.
• Jason Hobbs Hamilton, 34, of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to Internet stalking of a child. Hamilton was arrested June 17 after coming to Van Buren to meet a 14-year-old he had met on Facebook.
• Stacey Sue Heston, 47, of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to commercial burglary. Heston is accused of taking an RCA surround sound system from Walmart April 12.
• Russell Edward Dye, 39, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to non-support, alleging he owes more than $7,900 in child-support.
• Cody Shane Weaver, 24, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to commercial burglary and theft of property. Weaver allegedly took four Xbox game controllers from Walmart May 26.
• Chou Soukhawan, 29, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to robbery and aggravated assault on a family or household member. Soukhawan is accused of choking his girlfriend April 17 and taking $350 cash, credit card and cell phone from her purse.
• Cole Allen Mitchell, 19, of Alma pleaded not guilty to two counts of sexual indecency with a child. Mitchell is accused of having sex with a 14-year-old in May.
• Lucia Shana Dalton, 40, of Westville, Okla., pleaded not guilty to non-support, alleging she owes more than $17,000 in child-support.
• Christopher Dalton Shockey, 24, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a May 29 petition to revoke hearing.
• Tishina Marie Johnson, 21, of Mountainburg pleaded not guilty to two counts of failure to appear, alleging she failed to appear for arraignment March 26 and April 16 on a charge of possession of Roxicodone. Johnson also resisted a petition to revoke a sentence she received March 20, 2013, for possession of Roxicodone, alleging she failed to do community service.
• Tera Gail Parker, 30, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence she received Jan. 15 for possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while intoxicated and possession of Roxicodone, alleging she violated terms of drug court.
• David Eugene Lloyd, 49, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Oct. 31, 2012, for theft of property, alleging he was arrested June 7 for battery, criminal mischief and resisting arrest.
• Jeffery Allen Workman, 39, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Dec. 3, 2010, for residential burglary and theft of property, alleging he was arrested June 9 for possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and habitual offender.
• Bobby Darrel Jones, 54, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received June 6, 2008, for fleeing, possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana, alleging he was arrested May 26 for fleeing, aggravated assault, battery, criminal mischief, terroristic threatening and driving while intoxicated.