VB man pleads not guilty to multiple charges
Custom Search 2
The father of an alleged rape victim pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Crawford County Circuit Court to shooting at the man accused in the assault and six others.
Terry Mynett Needham Jr., 48, of Van Buren is charged with five counts of terroristic act, seven counts of aggravated assault and felon in possession of a firearm.
The public defender’s office entered the not guilty plea for Needham and waived formal arraignment before Judge Gary R. Cottrell.
After the alleged victim told her father, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Scott Houston said Needham went to a residence off Mountain Grove Road near Alma where he fired several rounds. One hit the house and another struck the driver’s side of a vehicle in which one person was sitting, Houston said.
Needham was arrested at his residence east of Alma. He told arresting officers he had fired the shots into the air.
Other pleas heard Wednesday by Cottrell were:
• Adelina Megana Fernandez, 25, of Modesto, Calif., pleaded not guilty to possession of marijuana with purpose to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while license suspended and speeding. Adelina was arrested Dec. 5 by an Arkansas State Police trooper who stopped a vehicle for speeding on Interstate 40. Following an alert by a drug dog, troopers found about 40 pounds of marijuana inside two spare tires.
• David Douglas Chiquet, 33, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to five counts of pandering or possessing material depicting sexually explicit conduct involving a child. Chiquet was arrested by Van Buren police after a co-worker told authorities she had found pornography on Chiquet’s computer after she borrowed it.
• Franklin Lee Crook, 37, and Jonathan David Parker, 36, both of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to robbery, theft of property and habitual offender. Crook also is charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. The two were arrested Dec. 5 after a shoplifting incident at Walmart in Van Buren.
• Mary Domenica Williams, 35, of Mulberry pleaded not guilty to possession of hydrocodone, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of clonazepam. Williams was arrested Dec. 4 after a sheriff’s deputy received information Williams had a controlled substance in her car.
• John Wayne Anderson, 47, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to failing to register as a sex offender, possession of marijuana, resisting arrest and habitual offender. Anderson allegedly moved without notifying police and tried to resist arrest and possessed marijuana when officers went to arrest him.
• Jason Alan Quick, 34, of Battle Ground, Wash., pleaded not guilty to breaking or entering and breathing, inhaling or drinking certain intoxicating compounds. Quick was arrested Dec. 3 when a homeowner on Azure Hills told police someone was in his garage. Quick allegedly had a can of dust spray when arrested.
• Samuel Clayton Karnes, 30, of Natural Dam pleaded not guilty to felon in possession of a firearm. Karnes is accused of having a shotgun following a traffic stop.
• Christopher Lee Wheatley, 25, of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to theft of property. Wheatley allegedly took two chain saws and two leaf blowers from Lowe’s Oct. 28.
• Randy Alan Titsworth, 30, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to 10 counts of computer child pornography. Titsworth was arrested following an investigation by the Van Buren Police Department.
• Earl Lewis Slusher, 27, of Muldrow pleaded not guilty to failure to appear and non-support. Slusher allegedly owes $26,401 in child-support and failed to appear in court for arraignment Oct. 4.
• Brandon Michael Spaulding, 29, of Alma resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Nov. 20 for possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of methamphetamine and possession of klonopin, alleging he violated terms of drug court.
• Ashley Wayne Meadows, 30, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Dec. 19, 2007, for criminal mischief, breaking or entering and theft of property, alleging he violated terms of drug court.
• Anthony Glendale Howard, 20, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received July 24 for possession of concerta, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, alleging he violated terms of drug court.
• Khamphoious Peter Phimvongsa, 30, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received April 3 for delivery of methamphetamine, alleging he violated terms of drug court.
• Johnny Lee Hunter, 26, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Sept. 22, 2010, for theft by receiving, alleging he was arrested Nov. 21 for theft of property and theft by receiving.
• Randy Dale Beesley, 28, of Fort Smith resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received May 4, 2009, for forgery and failure to appear, alleging he has failed to pay restitution, fines and court costs.
• Luther Jimmy Miller, 28, of Mulberry resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received July 6, 2009, for delivery of marijuana, delivery of methadone, possession of drug paraphernalia, commercial burglary, theft of property and arson, alleging he was arrested Aug. 30 for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Kevin Eugene Smith, 28, of Booneville resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received March 13, 2006, for breaking or entering, alleging he has failed to do community service.