A woman accused of sexual misconduct with a minor male pleaded not guilty on Wednesday in Crawford County Circuit Court.
Rita Lynn Childers, 35, of Fort Smith is charged with fourth-degree sexual assault.
The public defender’s office entered the not guilty plea for Childers and waived formal arraignment before Judge Gary R. Cottrell.
Childers allegedly performed oral sex on a 15-year-old boy one two occasions in early March. She was arrested after the boy’s mother reported the alleged incidents to the Van Buren Police Department.
Other pleas heard Wednesday by Cottrell were:
• Lane Matthew Jester, 43, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to theft of property and habitual offender. Jester allegedly took $3,000 in property from a residence on U.S. 71 where he had been allowed to spend the night.
• Janet Marla Haynes, 40, of Roland pleaded not guilty to three counts of second-degree forgery. Haynes is accused of forging checks on an Arvest Bank account in December.
• Randy Joe Anthony Dodson, 25, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia and habitual offender. Dodson arrested arrested March 28 by an Alma police officer who was investigating a disturbance.
• Ashley Nicole McLaughlin, 24, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to second-degree battery on a law enforcement officer, possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting arrest and second-degree forgery. McLaughlin is accused of cashing a counterfeit check on Dec. 24. When a police officer went to a residence on Flat Rock Drive on April 6 to serve the warrant, it is allegedly McLaughlin resisted arrest and injured the officer hand.
• Jamie Renee McMillon, 26, and Brandon Michael Spaulding, 29, both of Alma, pleaded not guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of methamphetamine. Spaudling also is charged with possession of Klonopin. The two were arrested March 29 by a deputy stopped a vehicle for reckless driving on Mountain Grove Road.
• Richard Lewis Sias, 46, of Alma pleaded not guilty to breaking or entering. Sisa allegedly broke into a pickup truck on April 4.
• Glenn Allen Simmermaker, 38, of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and habitual offender. Simmermaker was arrested April 1 following a traffic stop by a Van Buren police officer who was investigating a disturbance.
• Amos Moses Nance, 25, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to commercial burglary and theft of property. Nance allegedly shoplifted knifes, knife blades and key chains from Walmart Feb. 22 after being banned from the store.
• Candace Denise Holmes, 44, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to first-degree forgery and habitual offender. Holmes is accused of forging court orders to withdraw funds from her son’s trust account from Jan. 1, 2008, to Dec. 31, 2012.
• Heath Joshua Sheen, 40, of Mountainburg pleaded not guilty to nonsupport, alleging he owes $12,775 in support for three minor children.
• Charles Edward Allen, 62, of Alma resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received July 9, 2012, for second-degree sexual assault, alleging he was arrested March 16 for felon in possession of a firearm and resisting arrest.
• Steven Mark Thompson, 27, of Alma resisted a petition to revoke a second he received Nov. 5, 2010, for second-degree battery, alleging he was arrested Mrch 29 for aggravated robbery, possession of a firearm by certain persons, third-degree battery and endangering the welfare of a minor.
• April Dawn Goss, 31, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence she received June 4, 2010, for possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of hydrocodone, alleging she has failed to pay fines and court costs.
• Brandi James Campbell, 42, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Nov. 6, 1992, for theft of property, alleging he has failed to pay fines and court cots.